If I were to make thesegears, I would create a slide box to fit the rails. Then I would mount a saw to the box. The teeth are not a straight in, square cut so by offsetting the saw off center, you would be able to make the keystone type cut on the left and then move the saw to the other side to do the right. Then use a router to clean out the center. Of course in my world, I never make just one. For just a couple, this may be more work than necessary. Just make sure the teeth sides are tapered. Offsetting left then right is the way to accomplish this. If you just use a V-bit, it will be easy for the teeth to jump. Also make sure that the gear is nested between two waste boards to eliminate chipping.

Mike

On 11/4/2012 10:31 AM, parr...@aol.com wrote:
I had the same basic thought of stacking the disks- (baltic birch plywood to be stable & teeth won't snap off as easy as solid wood) to make gears and using the Legacy indexing or expanded indexing plate to space the teeth and then cutting them all at the same time using a V type router bit. For pulleys, I think the Legacy would be the perfect machine for making them
 .Peter
-----Original Message-----
From: Curtis <curtgeo...@wowway.com>
To: Legacy Ornamental Mills <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Nov 4, 2012 5:38 am
Subject: Re: Gears, Pulleys etc.

Bill
You could use Mike's indexing concept, Set up a number of disks and
cutt them in a row,as if you were roping a part. If you set the
correct pitch,after seperating the gears, my guess would be that you
would have a number of gears that all meshed together correctly. it
might work?
Good luck on this idea, and Please send pictures as soon as  you can.
As for myself, I will stick with pulleys, thay are easer to make and
much less of a head ache to figure out. ;-)
C.A.G.