I'd use the horizontal vise in that case.

  From: David Wohlgemuth
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 11:23 AM
  Subject: Re: Custom 90 degree brackets

  On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Tim Krause <artmarb...@comcast.net> wrote in
part:

    I had a request for a 90 degree bracket that fits the wide channel on the
aluminum rails.

  OK,  I have a question on the possible use of these brackets. I have been
cleaning out the barn, so that I can easily get the portable bandsaw in and
out. I came across a cherry board measuring 7 x 12 x 2.  Would these brackets
do a credible job of securing the wood to hollow it out (for a wooden
rectangular bowl). Or would the horizontal vise perform that function?

  It seems that the legacy mill could perform the hollowing function with
relative ease?

  Thanks for the great ideas that flow from you-all!
  David - northern tier PA