From: "Brandon Khoury" <blkhou...@gmail.com>
To: <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: Ooops...

Thanks for the ideas. I've come up with several more. I like the
reinforcement screw idea, but also considered a hose clamp to wrap around an
provide support. I haven't checked to see if one would fit, but I don't
think it would be as effective as the screw. I thought about using a washer
or even a thin metal plate underneath to provide support, but I think that
would require a plate on the opposite end and alterations to the split
number attachment to the sled. I think the washer could work, but it would
have to be small enough to sit in the opening of the rail and maybe a stack
of washers would be needed to reach the middle cross section the of the
rail. As for the loctite epoxy, it states that it is not for use on
non-stick surfaces like polypropylene, polyethylene, or Teflon. I'm not
sure, but I believe delrin falls into the same category as
polyethylene/polypropylene. I do work with both polyethylene and
polypropylene often and, though it is "non stick", I have found that some
epoxys will hold fairly well if the surface of the plastic is scuffed or
roughed up. There isn't anyway for me to rough up the surface inside this
crack, but I think it may have a rough enough surface for some epoxy to
hold, as long as it is coupled with some other support mechanism.

Thanks for the help!
Brandon

Visit this group at