well i decided to move on to the next major problem...that being the lead
screw...tim was kind enough to give me a lead to the Dependable Acme
co....so i called and after telling them that i need a 5/8-4 acme
thread(again this info gotten from tim, i believe), they inform me that i
actually need a "stub" acme thread...which is simply a thread that is 1/2
the depth of a typical acme thread...but the best part is, when i asked
them their location, it turns out they are about 3 blocks from where i
live...therefore no shipping expenses!...and i can bring a screw from one
of my machines to their place, just to double check and be sure that we are
all on the same page...the person i spoke to was not sure if they could
provide the screw in the length i need, since i called so late in the
day...but they will get back to me tomorrow...but it seems very
good!...will update this post tomorrow...again, thanks tim!...joe biunno