I get email from Incremental (Incra) Tools.  The device in the below link will prove useful to some members - both for their LOM as well as other machines that they need to measure the bit/blade setting on.   Not sure if this is the lowest price - I'm just sharing the existence of the device.
Do any members have this measuring/readout device?  If so, will you please share your thoughts/experience with it.

Nice that they use a computer networking cable that is easily connected/disconnected and replaceable (instead of a wire that is permanently attached - and when it gets cut/breaks you've got a problem).

http://www.incrementaltools.com/Wixey_Remote_Digital_Readout_w_Fractions_p/wxwr525.htm

Mill with Safety in mind.