“Now my work focus is around CNC and the cycle-start life.   The first pass is
always the most nerve wracking.  Where's that damn spindle going WTF!  Even
after 100 cycles, bit wear and break, clamps fail, electrical noise lost steps
wrong orgins....It goes on and on.  It's still cool technology if you making
widgets x 100 but I too enjoy the ability to make a human decision when it's
needed”.

That’s the best perspective of CNC I’ve ever seen, puts it into perspective for
those of us on the edge, guess if saving my marriage and money were not options
I’d jump in and add one to my collection of every shop tool known to modern
man. I still prefer time on the Powermatic 4224 lathe, hand planes, carving
chisels, and hand cut dovetails; but then again that’s why I have 2 day jobs to
pay the bills.

Mike K