I am looking for ideas on improving the base of my 1000ex. There are a couple
of goals I wish to accomplish.

First,  my shop is in the basement of a 117 year old Victorian.  I don't know
how long ago the basement floor was poured,  but it is uneven due so settling.
The center of the floor is higher than the areas around the walls. So,  my
first goal is to stiffen up the mill to reduce twisting along the long rails.

Second,  space in the shop is limited and the base takes up a lot of real
estate. Adding some storage would be nice,  if it doesn't make the mill so
heavy the it is impossible for one person to move.

Third, and probably the most difficult goal to achieve,  is a way to
raise/lower the casters when the they are not in use. Similar to a hybrid table
saw.  I imagine there will need to be support feet in the center of the unit
when it is not being moved around.  I will need them to be adjustable to
accommodate the floor,  but I will need them to lift up off the ground when the
casters are lowered. I hope the makes sense....

Any comments,  questions, ideas are welcome.  I'm not to the point at which I
am ready to start the hands on portion of this project.  I have a few other
builds that are ready first. But,  I would like to start the designing stage.

Thanks,
Brandon