From: CURTIS GEORGE
Sent: Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:10 AM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Router "Extreme Extension" on sale

Hello and good morning everyone.

If I may, there is one more thing that should be thrown into the pot, (so to
speak.)
When chucking up any router bit (extension or not) you need to make sure that
the bit is seated in the collect, I know that I played it un-safe in the past
trying to get the most depth out of a plunging cut by extending the bit to
much, this can be dangerous . When setting the router bit you need to make sure
that the bit is down inside the collect but not all the way down,there is a
shanfer are the bottom of the bit (where the shaft and bit meet) that may get
in the way of getting the good seating you need, If you seat/set, the bit and
then raise the bit a slight about to make sure the shansfer is not interfering
with the seat.  "When Ive used my XX, IN the past,and if I get vibration,  I
just loosen the collect and play with the seating of the bit a little, then
tighten it back down to remove slop, sometimes the playing with the seating of
the bit or XX is all that is needed to remove the vibration. ( I agree that the
speed needs to be looked at as well, Just trying to get a fuller view of a
potential problem. thats all.) ;-)   Have a good day,Everyone.

Sorry my mistake I forgot to mention rpms I just know to slow the big ones down
in fact I always start on the slowest speed of my router whatever bit I put in
then work the speed up to what I think it needs and any bit over 2 inches i
don’t use the XX those big bits especially like 3inch dia is impossible to use
with the XX its just too dangerous. And yes your right about checking run out
on bits as well checking both for run out is a good idea

Bill