Hello and Good morning everyone.
Bill your dropbox link is empty.

Bob, your question on using the template follower is both hard and easy to do,
all depending on what you are looking to make.

the Easy part . General template following. (this is for both flat work and
spindles turning.)
Most Legacy's have a set of angle brackets that are mounted onto the back
outside rails, this bracket is designed to hold template, It is easiest to make
a template out of wood, giving you the general profile of the shape you want to
make.
Once you have your template mounted, you must align the router and template,
(as a general rule this is one way that you can do it. but there are other ways
as well.)
I find the center line,I lock the router bit (lets use a 1/2" straight
cutter,for this example.) I put the edge of the router bit/carriage at the
center of the Legacy, (use your tailstock center as the point of alignment.)
and lock the carriage at this point, Next you must align your follower with the
template. (remember you are at the center of the machine, so you must have the
template have a centerline marked on it as well.)( its easy to forget this, and
just line up the center with the edge or your template.) Once you have the
centers aligned, you can then unlock your carriage (Y axis) and put your
follower into the edge of your template.
You must leave the Y axis unlocked while using the template follower, using
this method.
Once the template is mounted correctly, the follower will guide your Y-axis As
you move your carriage along your X axis.
For spindle turning, you have to cut form the side, (not form the top like you
do when you are roping.)
NOW you have a choice of ways you want to cut, the easiest and safest way (for
your first time.) is to lock your spindle in place and do a flat cut form the
side, once cut, you then index the part a little and then re-run the
router/carriage after every index making your spindle round,or any shape you
want. (remember to take light/small cuts, More cuts, may take time, but its the
safest way to do this. if you hog off the wood its easy to lose control ...)
Now once you understand the concept, you can go into a more advanced method . I
have made for my Legacy a spindle drive mover, which spins the work piece
independent form the Legacy's gearing. What I do is, once the spindle is
spinning, I lock the carriage (X movement.) and leave the Y axis un-locked.
then I (Using my motor control to move the carriage) I just start cutting form
the side of the machine and follow the template, like a copy lathe dose.This
method is Much faster then what first method that I explained. But take baby
steps, SAFETY IS IMPORTANT . If you don't understand what you are doing, Then
DON'T Try it!

For using the template follower on flat stock it is basically the same set up,
But this time you will be cutting form the top, and its more a one to one copy,
Where the router follower goes the router motor will follow.
Using this method you can make boxes and moldings and all other kinds of Neat
stuff. http://legacywoodworking.com/techniques.cfm

There use to be a number of videos on You-tube videos showing the Legacy
cutting molding from a template but I can not find those video's at this min.
I have videos (VHS Tapes.) But I have no way of getting those videos onto this
site. (at this time.)
Hopefully someday soon Tim and I will be able to down load all the videos that
We have onto the group site? but sadly this is not the case at this time.

I wish you luck on your ventures. and Please let us know how it all turns out.
;-)
Have a good day.