Thanks for the quick response to my question. Enjoy reading your email
and your advise to fellow woodworkers. Right now busy using a CNC for
making signs! Thanks again for the information, Bob

        -----------------------------------------From: "CURTIS GEORGE"
Sent: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 10:40:47 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Using Pattern

   Hello and Good morning everyone.   Bill your dropbox link is empty.

   Bob, your question on using the template follower is both hard and
easy to do, all depending on what you are looking to make.
   the Easy part . General template following. (this is for both flat
work and spindles turning.)   Most Legacy's have a set of angle
brackets that are mounted onto the back outside rails, this bracket is
designed to hold template, It is easiest to make a template out of
wood, giving you the general profile of the shape you want to make.
Once you have your template mounted, you must align the router and
template, (as a general rule this is one way that you can do it. but
there are other ways as well.)   I find the center line,I lock the
router bit (lets use a 1/2" straight cutter,for this example.) I put
the edge of the router bit/carriage at the center of the Legacy, (use
your tailstock center as the point of alignment.) and lock the
carriage at this point, Next you must align your follower with the
template. (remember you are at the center of the machine, so you must
have the template have a centerline marked on it as well.)( its easy
to forget this, and just line up the center with the edge or your
template.) Once you have the centers aligned, you can then unlock your
carriage (Y axis) and put your follower into the edge of your
template.   You must leave the Y axis unlocked while using the
template follower, using this method.   Once the template is mounted
correctly, the follower will guide your Y-axis As you move your
carriage along your X axis.   For spindle turning, you have to cut
form the side, (not form the top like you do when you are roping.)
NOW you have a choice of ways you want to cut, the easiest and safest
way (for your first time.) is to lock your spindle in place and do a
flat cut form the side, once cut, you then index the part a little and
then re-run the router/carriage after every index making your spindle
round,or any shape you want. (remember to take light/small cuts, More
cuts, may take time, but its the safest way to do this. if you hog off
the wood its easy to lose control ...)   Now once you understand the
concept, you can go into a more advanced method . I have made for my
Legacy a spindle drive mover, which spins the work piece independent
form the Legacy's gearing. What I do is, once the spindle is spinning,
I lock the carriage (X movement.) and leave the Y axis un-locked. then
I (Using my motor control to move the carriage) I just start cutting
form the side of the machine and follow the template, like a copy
lathe dose.This method is Much faster then what first method that I
explained. But take baby steps, SAFETY IS IMPORTANT . If you don't
understand what you are doing, Then DON'T Try it!
   For using the template follower on flat stock it is basically the
same set up, But this time you will be cutting form the top, and its
more a one to one copy, Where the router follower goes the router
motor will follow.   Using this method you can make boxes and moldings
and all other kinds of Neat stuff.
http://legacywoodworking.com/techniques.cfm [1]
   There use to be a number of videos on You-tube videos showing the
Legacy cutting molding from a template but I can not find those
video's at this min.   I have videos (VHS Tapes.) But I have no way of
getting those videos onto this site. (at this time.)   Hopefully
someday soon Tim and I will be able to down load all the videos that
We have onto the group site? but sadly this is not the case at this
time.

   I wish you luck on your ventures. and Please let us know how it all
turns out. ;-)   Have a good day.   C.A.G.
-------------------------
  FROM: "Bill Bulkeley"
 TO: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
 SENT: Saturday, January 23, 2016 3:31:36 AM
 SUBJECT: RE: Using Pattern

        Opps sorry forgot the link

        https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public [2]

        Bill

        FROM: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] ON BEHALF OF Bill
Bulkeley
 SENT: Saturday, 23 January 2016 6:32 PM
 TO: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
 SUBJECT: RE: Using Pattern

        Try here let me know if it doesn’t work I’m not sure if I copied
it properly.

        Legacy has given the members of this group permission to share with
each other

        Information on the old legacy mills but only to members so please do
not share outside the group

        Bill

        FROM: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] ON BEHALF OF Bob C
 SENT: Saturday, 23 January 2016 1:48 PM
 TO: Legacy Ornamental Mills
 SUBJECT: Using Pattern

        I have a LOM 1800, does anyone known of a video how to set-up a
pattern to duplicate parts.

 Visit this group at
https://groups.google.com/group/legacy-ornamental-mills [5].

        No virus found in this message.