From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim Riggen
Sent: Wednesday, 15 February 2017 9:29 AM
To: Legacy Ornamental Mills
Cc: curtgeo...@wowway.com
Subject: Re: Accurate setup

Curist,

Thank you for the info.  I checked each corner and found the distance from the
top of the lower rails to the top of the upper rails to be all different. So, I
did what you suggested with the adjustable square and tried again.  The results
are quite a bit better but not what I think they should be.  Measuring the
cylinder at each end (it is 16" long)shows a taper.  At the tail end the
diameter is 2.908' and at the head end the diameter is 2.917'.  I checked each
corner again, this time with calipers. The value at each corner is as follows:
rear tail - 1.351; front tail - 1.341; rear head - 1.371; front head - 1.362.

Am I expecting too much or not?

Do you and all the other users go through this process each time you change the
height or tilt of the lower rails? Also, I guess I should ignore the little
step shaped openings in each of the legs that supposedly allow one to
"accurately" set the rail height.

Thank you for your help,