Hello Richard
a "V" cutter works well, also something that has a small rounded bottom also
looks nice. Remember you are adding details, at least at first I would only do
light cuts, And as a matter of coarse you can always go bigger, once you have
more time using the set-up and gain more confidence /skills with your new tool.

Something that I do not believe that we have talked about as far as the wave
attachment goes. is the way to keep the wave in sink.
This is done before you start your first cut.
Mark the gears with a straight line (sharpy marker works well.) I like to make
my mark off center.
Once you get to the end of your cut, stop the router, and bring back the router
carriage back to the start. then while the carriage is Not engaged, turn the
crank handle until all your marks you put on your gears,are back in line with
each-other. form that point you can then index your parts and make the next
cut.
using this method all your waves will be all the same.
NOW there is also a way to book-mark your cuts, so the waves run opposite from
each-other, but at this time I think we can just say there is a way, and leave
it for latter conversations. ;-)

I wish you luck. and enjoy your new tool.
Have a Great day.