Hi Joe,

Yes that is a model 1500 in theory.  Essentially a model 1500 is the same as a
model 1000 except for it came with all the options.  It was built pre 1998.
The gears that you are seeing are the same as all of the modern aluminum rail
model 1000.  They are fine pitch so the main gear of the modern machines will
not work.

The headstock is not a stock model.  The slots do make an interesting idea.  On
the early machines with no tilt the user would mill from the side to get a
taper.  Something few people it think even try.

We do not have a copy of the manual for that machine and unfortunately neither
does Legacy.  If anyone does, please pass it on to myself for legal copyrights
and distribution.

Did I cover everything?

Tim

As far as the