Here is a link to a video where Curtis was using a Y axis follower in the front of the machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y29sZ43PwhA

Mike OK

On 1/8/2018 9:40 AM, 'Curt George' via Legacy Ornamental Mills wrote:
Good morning Richard

I can not talk for David, But I too have some problems with the template follower working from  the back of the machine. I made a proto- type follower work form the front of my machine,a few years ago, I like  the control that I get with the follower where I can touch it. This is not a good photo, but it is the best that I can find at this moment. I used uni-sturt with T bolts to attach the template holder to the front of the legacy. then I made an adjustable follower that attached to the carriage.
this set-up worked pretty good for the job that I was doing.
But having said that, there still is a lot of room for improvement, on this idea.

Anyone want to try it for them self's?
There are no secrets here just different views of the same problems.
Who knows, perhaps your ideas, might be the one thing someone else out that may need, to make there machine work perfect.

C.A.G.

Inline image