Curt's response makes me wonder if I did not understand what you were asking
Richard.  Curt mentioned a swash plate, and I can say that I have done this.
It will make a wave around the circumference of an object.  The number of waves
is controlled by the gear ratios.  I had to resort to a chain and sprockets
setup eliminating the swing arm.  I have never shown the group this setup, but
I did hint to the possibility when I was exploring options with the rotary
table to create rose engine patterns.  Curt's PDF file really shows some
feasible options.

Tim

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​