Look forward to how it goes for you take lots of pics

Bill

From: 'Curt George' via Legacy Ornamental Mills
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Saturday, 5 May 2018 2:52 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: What do you think of this???

Hello everyone, Just got home form work.

I was thinking the bowl was 3"- 4"

And I still think between centers will work out well.

Bill a soft touch, is a wooden or plastic part that is mounted to the tail
stock to keep

the wood of the turning form being damaged from the point of the live center.
But I've

seen people use a dowel as a bar to  hold a vace or bowl in place on a
face-plate or lathe chuck while turning,  this is what I plan to try...

Once the bowl has been turned, I plan to hold it on the Legacy by the way of
the indexing hub, and a dowel mounted  from the center/ tail stock, to hold the
work in place

while cutting the details in the wood.

The turn table is a good attachment to the LOM .

I'm Not saying that the turn table will not work,

All that I am saying is I think another method would work better for me... (I
hope?) ;-)

I would think that by the use of router blocks, (to raise the height of the
router), and the indexing head to make the pattern

I would  think it would work nicely.

At least that is my plans, We will see?

More latter.

Have a good  Night/day.