Hello RichardI made a new head-stock for my second Legacy, I used a 5/8" shaft
. this way I can use Shop Smith adapters and face-plates...
https://www.pennstateind.com/store/L5818.html Pen State sells this adaptor.
$16.00http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/catalog/l_lathefaceplates.htm . And
Shop Smith has anything you might want.  With a 5/8" shaft ball=bearings or
bushing can be bought to keep the head-stock small as possible.
Good luck. I cant wait to see what you come up with.
C.A.G.

    On Saturday, May 12, 2018 4:02 AM, Richard Ellis <rchrd.ell...@gmail.com>