Hello All,

Another little missing feature on the rotary table is a method to lock it in place when making a straight cut.  There is excessive play in all of the gear train. To solve this, I made this little lock for several members.  A twist of the handle 180 degrees and the lock clamps on the gear locking the table in place.  Release is opposite procedure.

The one problem that made this one limited in numbers was because the rotary table ships with so many different heights. I had to make the bottom part of the lock a custom height to an individuals rotary table.  Plus the location of the hole required to mount the lock needed a level of precision that most wood workers cannot do.  So in the end I had our members send me their tables to install the lock.

I also added the center holding option.  You can see that here.

https://ornamentalmills.com/tips/threaded_insert/rotary_table_threaded_insert.html

It's one of the most early modifications that I made.  I have one final modification to the rotary table that could be seen on the post where I showed the eccentric turning on the rotary table.  I use a single Kreg mini t-track on my rotary tables.  It gives me several options for clamping.  I'll post those later.