From: Tim
Sent: Sep 18, 2019 5:21 AM
To: "legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com"
Subject: TK Made Items

From: Tim
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:52 AM
To: Tim
Subject: RE: TK Made Items

On last thing for the new day.  I needed to be able to grab something from the inside.  What I came up with was a simple design taken from expanding chucks.  I just scaled the up a bit.

What you are looking at is a disk made from pvc.  The inner parts of the four pieces have a countersink that matches a a custom part A screw comes up from the bottom.  When the assembly is turned the screw tightens and expands the 4 jaws.  A O-Ring keeps it together.  Tightening the screw from below also makes the jaws expand.  Please note, this only works on my custom rotary table with the center that is drilled and tapped.

Here’s a demonstration of the part in use.

You can see how the jaws have expanded.  You should be able to see how this benefits work holding with open and closed items on the rotary table.  I liked this so much that I made a full set of expanding jaws in ¼” increment that I use.

Pretty cool stuff right?

Tim