Curt

What a great idea!  I was trying to figure out how to adapt the LOM holder
to my 4th axis on my CNC machine.  I had one "accident" where a centered
the piece in the middle of the wood
instead of at the beginning.  Before I could stop the machine it hit the
Nova wood turning chuck right where you stick the rod to tighten it.  The
other problem was that the LOM adapter is a
Morse taper 2.  It got loose and the piece was turning like crazy because
the stepper was not controlling the cut.

Anyways, with your idea I could get a steel rod, place it in the chuck and
attached your adapter to the rod.
That will give me some room for error if I error do the above mentioned
thing again.  (That's why I wished the Shark had limit switches).
While we are looking at modifications.  Anyone have an idea for a live
center for the other side.  I purchased one for the LOM but the Shark
just has a pointed tip.  I would like to make a live center for it.

Again Curt, thank you for your idea.

Harvey