That was my puzzlement (question) as well.
Looks like Bill has ingeniously created a real "Rube Goldberg" machine to accomplish that action.  LoL!
Thanks, Mike.

From: Tim Ziegler
Sent: Dec 28, 2020 12:37 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Thread cutting router bit

thanks Mike

How is it fed then? to keep the bit on track?

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 11:07 AM Okla Mike (Liltwisted) <legacym...@iglide.net> wrote:

Here is a video from Bill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1RPgkrqiBk

On 12/28/2020 10:35 AM, Tim Ziegler wrote:
Good to know. Now how do you cut inside Threads Mike or Mac?

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 10:29 AM Okla Mike (Liltwisted) <legacym...@iglide.net> wrote:

This bit is made to be used horizontally.  it can be used on the nut as well as the outer thread.  If you have a long bolt, you will need to cut it from the top using a regular V bit of the same pitch.