Hello Everyone.this has topic has taken a life of its own. ;-)
Bill this web site is very good for seeing the
wood.https://www.hearnehardwoods.com/cherry-american-lumber-2/
AMERICAN CHERRY WOOD

Pennsylvania Cherry is considered to be one of the finest North American
hardwoods.  Cherry wood has been traditionally used in fine furniture since the
first American settlers.  The wood is prized for both beauty and work-ability.
The finished wood has a beautiful salmon pink to red color that with time only
improves.

The Cherry tree is shade intolerant and is typically found on the outskirts of
most forests.  Cherry tends to average 1 to 2 feet in diameter- However we have
had and seen Cherry logs up to 4 feet in diameter.
It is generally affordable, beautiful and easy to work.  Cherry has a fine
grain texture and the potential for beautiful figure.  There are a lot of very
nice photo's of the wood. the beautiful color of this wood has made its way
into much of the Early American furniture designs.   One trait of cherry is it
will burn easily, as a matter of fact, Even Green (freshly cut) Cherry wood
burn well in a fire. it takes very little friction to make burn marks in this
wood, making it a challenging wood to work with at times.I have some more
cherry wood that I plan to glue up, and hopefully turn, in an effort to see if
I can do a better job, on my roping, then what I did on this project. (we will
see?)
Have a good night.C.A.G.

    On Monday, July 12, 2021, 05:15:29 PM EDT, anthony <acmepi...@gmail.com>