Came up real nice curt very nice work, that Tiger Strip Maple really has
stripes through it I can see them lovely

Bill

From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of timjz...@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, 12 April 2022 12:23 PM
To: Legacy Ornamental Mills <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Walking Stick Turned on my 1200 LOM

Good evening all LOM enthusiast's:

Hope all is well with all.

I just finished a Walking Stick for my sister in-law.

The species of wood is Tiger Strip Maple and I must say it really pops. l
stained it with

a Sherwin Williams "Bronze Walnut" and top coated with vinyl sealer and 2
additional coats of Sherwin Williams lacquer.

I used a 1 1/2 roping bit and have 4 starts using the standard gear set, giving
 me a 6 inch pitch.

I also used a 1/4 core box style bit to do the fluting which I incorporated The
"Curtis George Indexing System" which worked absolutely perfectly. I cut the
indexing plate for in on my Laser Engraver.

I also used a 1/2 round over bit for the top end and a 1/4 round over bit on
the bottom.

The center is using a 45 degree V grooving bit.

I believe the last 2 decorative rings at the base I used a 1/8 carbide spiral
Bit.

One last thing I used a 1/4 taper  from end to end to turn the part which the
stick is approx. 5 ft long.

Overall I am very satisfied with the Stick and finish.

Kind regards,

Tim J. Ziegler

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/legacy-ornamental-mills/c3ef1a20-ad22-49ad-8cac-e7dead9b4ac2n%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/legacy-ornamental-mills/c3ef1a20-ad22-49ad-8cac-e7dead9b4ac2n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>