Looks great now grab a dial indicator and measure the pitch a couple of
tracking plates on it and its ready to use

Bill

From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of cdkr...@gmail.com
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2023 5:45 AM
To: Legacy Ornamental Mills <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Eureka!

Here is the link
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DPrgRNn5FGV2b5LKGSbQQWr_JL1LxXDh/view?usp=sharing>

On Friday, September 15, 2023 at 3:42:31 PM UTC-4 cdkr...@gmail.com
<mailto:cdkr...@gmail.com>  wrote:

(He runs down the road naked shouting "Eureka! Eureka!"

TMI, I know.  But I was successful in getting these plastic gears to run true
enough to work on a slightly modified banjo system.  I had to extend the slot
on the driver side of the main banjo and cut the sides back on that channel so
it would slide over the driver shaft, not stop against it.  Very minor changes,
which ultimately expand the banjo to its absolute maximum range.  The right
side of the banjo is also at it's maximum.

It looks to be the correct ratio, too.  I haven't made any cuts yet, so the
proof is still in the pudding.

I took a video so you could see it actually in motion.  The scraping sound is
the plastic gear rubbing against the idler screws, which I had to flatten.

<https://groups.google.com/group/legacy-ornamental-mills/attach/44753153a028e/45-66DuplexGear.JPG?part=0.1&view=1>

DanK

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/legacy-ornamental-mills/fdc5bf60-aa3f-46cd-992c-0668c117ab09n%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/legacy-ornamental-mills/fdc5bf60-aa3f-46cd-992c-0668c117ab09n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>