Curt, the duplex I made consists of two gears, the small one engages the
driver gear using 45 teeth.  The larger gear engages the index gear using
66 teeth.  So the gear ratio through the entire linkage is 1.5 :1  or 2:3
depending upon how you look at it. I'm using a 90 tooth driver and the 88
tooth index.  So the chain is 2:1 times 3:4 or 6/4.  Going the other way
it's 4/6.  You may notice that the gear train is not factory issue because
of my index mod.  So the duplex gear is "inside out".
DanK