From: <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Oct 28, 2023 2:34 PM
To: Legacy Ornamental Mills <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Checkering today

Yes, 720 index positions was my ambitious goal and I realized either a
giant plate, a second duplex set, or (Eureka) a 72 hole plate with a 10
hole vernier would get the 1/2&deg; resolution needed to get into the
checkering ballpark. Y'all witnessed the struggle..... :)
This handle took about 2 hours.  It would take me (a relatively inexperienced
checker-er) about two days to lay out, cut, and dress this rather large
field.
This handle really comes alive with a Danish oil finish!  Haven't decided
what to use it for.  In the mean time, I'll just enjoy looking at it and feeling
the crisp texture.  Opens up some design features.
DanK