I hang it up a different way every time lol clamps clips what ever works

Bill

From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Tim Ziegler
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2024 8:38 AM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Router cord control question

yup pretty much what I did.

Ziegler Laser Worx LLC

On Sun, Apr 14, 2024 at 12:10 AM 'Curt George' via Legacy Ornamental Mills
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
<mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> > wrote:

Hello Everyone.  (Just got home form work.)

I was asked about different methods to keep the cord out of the way when using
the Legacy.

This topic  has come up in the past.

Here is a link that can cover this question.

C.A.G.

https://ornamentalmills.com/tips/router_cord_control/router_cord_control.html

Router Cord Control

After reading a lot or previous posts, I saw that some people were having
trouble keeping their router cords out of the way. Before I ever turned my
machine on #900 I saw that the cord could easily be damaged if you are not
careful.  In fact, a friend of mine told me the other day that he ran over his
cord with the router.  Luckily there were no injuries.  I then mounted mine on
the back of the template follower with two ty-wraps.  So far this has not
interfered with the operation of the router.  I probably won't use any
templates very often.  If I do, I will cut the ty-wraps off and use the
templates.  After I get through, I will replace them.  Am enclosing a picture
of my setup.  MickeyMac

  <https://ornamentalmills.com/tips/router_cord_control/MVC-287S.JPG>

  _____

Very Nice MickyMac
I had the very same problem a few years ago,
This is what I did.
My Legacy dose not move around my shop, so I sorta hard wired the cord onto a
cable guide,and used a 1/8" cable with some hooks I installed into the 2x4's
above my machine, I used shower curtain brackets and electrical bracket ties to
connect the hole set up together. My set up cost me under $5.00 .
And Never again will I get my cord cut or caught in the workings of the Legacy
. :-)
have a good night.
C.A.G.

  <https://ornamentalmills.com/tips/router_cord_control/cable_run2.jpg>