I am evaluating whether to switch from PAF 5 to Legacy. One potential show-stopper for me is that Legacy does not support the Gedcom tag NICK. Many in my family including myself are called by our second name, and it is essential for me that a narrative report does the same. This is something that PAF does flawlessly.

I realize that Legacy offers the quote name as an alternative, but this means:

1. Re-keying all of my Nicknames as quotes
2. When the data are exported to other programs like WorldConnect the results will look stupid. My given name is Albert Russell, not Albert Russell "Russ".

My question is why Legacy would decide not to support NICK, and is there a change to supporting it being considered? To me this is reason enough not to switch.

Russ McGillivray

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/

http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Help.asp