From: Tamblyne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com" <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Subject: [LegacyUG] Won't Launch PDF Files
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:16:36 -0500

Hi --

I found something interesting today about my problem opening PDF files.

I don't run, normally, under administrative (root) privileges, but once a month or so I need to do that for updates and things like that. So today, while I'm logged on as administrator, I'm working on my tree while I wait for the stuff to "do its thing."

*IF* I am logged on under the administrator's account, I can launch the PDFs. As a "normal" user, I cannot.

Does anyone have any idea now what I need to do to get this to work? I don't want to run as admin all the time -- and I know y'all aren't doing that, either, as it is "bad." :-)

Thanks!

Tam

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/