I have a Palm pilot, T3 is the model. I also have a new laptop, purchased a couple of years AFTER I got the palm pilot. My new laptop has Windows XP media edition. I tried to use the palm pilot with it, but found out that Palm doesn’t support Windows XP media edition!  I have used it with Windows home and Windows XP, so needless to say, I am very disappointed.  Be sure you find out if what ever brand you chose, it will work with the windows or mac or whatever operating system you have.

Linda B.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of program-info
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 3:34 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] PDA Question

Paul,

I am getting interested in Pocket Genealogist but I know nothing about PDAs.  Would you care to expand on your experience with one?  Features?  What you like and dislike?  I have read that if you are able to enter information on them (which I would want) it's with a stylus.  Does one get comfortable with this or is it perpetually awkward? Good brands?  Ones to avoid?  All information much appreciated. I always thought taking a laptop to the library would be the way to go, but last time I had to find a place to perch there with an Interlibrary Loan book, there wasn't a single place with a flat spot for a laptop, not to mention the obvious drawbacks of taking it.
Thanks,
Mary

        I also use a PDA with Pocket Genealogist.  I take it to places of
research when I go.  If you have a PDA, you could do the same at the reunion
and people could give you corrections you make on the PDA then later
transfer the corrections into your Legacy on the laptop.
        Hope that helps.

Paul

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/