I use SyncToy as well, and its been a godsend. I have 2 laptops. I synchronise the genealogy directory on one laptop (which contains all my docs, pictures, backups etc) onto a 5 gig pc card hard drive & then transfer that to my other laptop which also has SyncToy installed on it. SyncToy copies and deletes files so that both directories between laptop and pc card hard drive look EXACTLY the same. If you make changes of any kind (ie delete, move, add) it will be reflected in the destination. AND ITS FREE -- most important. Now, I'm looking for a pc card hard drive with more room (probably a microdrive is next).
Nancy



Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: 
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: 
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

For online technical support, please visit 
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp


Reply via email to