Bill Rhodes wrote:
Is there anyway to copy (type) data from an actual Census document into one of the blank census forms provided in Legacy "Reports", and then copy that completed form into, say, "Events" or "Notes"?

I hand copy the pertinent information into a blank Excel census form. I then save the page as a .csv (comma separated value) file. After a little editing, I get a file I can copy and paste into the details for a census event. Here is a small example of the out put;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series M653, Roll 184, Page 412, Pg.108-IL, Hancock, Bear Creek Township, Basco PO

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14
1108,1050,Tamer PRESTON,68,F,,Farmer,$300,$50,Virginia,,,,
,,Susanna PRESTON,33,F,,,,,Virginia,,,,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you copy this and past it into a plain text file and save that as a .csv file you can open it with Excel and it will line up the header numbers with the information and if you have a blank census sheet you can easily decipher all the information given. This allows anyone to understand what is meant without having to fight to format everything in Legacy (which still doesn't work well.)

I hope that this helps,

Gene


Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: 
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: 
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

For online technical support, please visit 
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp


Reply via email to