I have a problem in that Legacy reports 'John Doe married' when the
spouse is unknown
_______________________________
For reports to produce as default a claim that John Doe married when
not supported by evidence is inappropriate. Unfortunately deleting the
word 'married' as Sharon suggests has no effect.
I suppose going through every person this affects and putting the
marriage status to 'unknown' (an added status) would get a lot of time
and ink wasted, but it seems to me that the general rule that when you
don't know about something, keep quiet, is not being followed.
Is there any way to produce nothing if nothing is known?
Alastair
Sorry - shouldn't have included several topics in one post.
On 01/08/06, Sharon Perdue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>We also have the problem of when a spouse is not known, Legacy reports
>>'John Doe married'.
Click on the Marriage for the person and change the "Report Phrases"
near the bottom to what you want it to say. Example: I have a woman who
had a child and I do not know who the father was, and the child was put up
for adoption. I changed "married" to "had a relationship with a man
(Unknown Name)". For their marriage status, I have chosen "Unmarried",
which also prints. The report reads as: "Mary had a relationship with a man
(Unknown Name). Marriage Status: Unmarried. They had one son: (No Given
Name)."
If you know the person was married but don't know the name of the
person, you can change the wording to "married unknown", but what it is
currently showing seems fine - "John Doe married".
Sharon
--
Warm regards :-)
Alastair Lack
Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at:
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
For online technical support, please visit
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp