Doesn't Acrobat Reader version 7 have an option for the creator to allow alterations. It seems I use fill in forms more and more that allow some alterations to the basic form.
I certainly donot pretend to be an expert, just an observation.

Nick Cirillo

Alastair Lack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We seem to have a rather curious situation as regards report printing
from Legacy.

If I print to Legacy pdf, an RTF is first created that looks terrific,
which one glimpses on its way to the pdf; all is formatted correctly -
title page, contents, pictures properly aligned, captions as they
should be. BUT one cannot then of course edit it to get rid of the
'unknowns' and other grammatical glitches, and the PDF is not
compatible with modern standards.

If I print to rtf, intending to print to an Acrobat printer, the RTF
is not at all the same as that created in the above para - most but
not all pictures are left justified, captions read [caption John Doe],
section headings are different etc. Loads of editing needed.

Is there a way to get hold of the RTF created by Legacy on the way to
a PDF? or to get a more modern PDF converter installed?

I do have Acrobat 6 Professional on my computer, but it can only work
with what it's given

Warm regards :-)

Alastair Lack

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp