I did do that several times. I did the uninstall. Download. Download update. When the update runs I get the "Legacy Genealogy Software for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then allows me to send or not send an error report. It then closes Legacy. When I reopen legacy I get the ' ciaCPButton30.ocx' error again. Feel like I am going in circles! Thanks though. Liz Ault