Rob, that is my experience. Embedded empty commas remain. Like you
mentioned, I use the short locations to remove them.

Susan

On 8/20/06, Rob Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Legacy will remove one or more leading commas and two or more leading commas
when printing reports.

But what do you do if the county is missing? For example western Canada
never used the county system, so Vancouver reads:

Vancouver, , British Columbia, Canada

Is there any way to remove "floating middle commas" from missing counties in
the same way?

Or are you stuck keeping it this way, but remove the extra comma in the
short name?

Thank you!

Rob Miller
Toronto, Ontario