I used TMG for several years and have just moved over to Legacy a couple of
months ago.

I like them both very much much. Between the two of them, you can't make a
bad choice.

TMG Pro's & Con's
1. Steep learning curve - not particularly intuitive as a software.
2. Reports have so much potential that they are actually quite difficult to
generate - you can do almost anything with them, which is great for those
who have mastered them.
3. I love the "main" screen, which is an interactive chronology screen.
4. I like the way you can combine elements to set up your own "desktop"
5. Really fun, knowledgeable group of people on the User's list

Legacy Pro's and Con's
1. I prefer sourcing in Legacy - a big thing for me.
2. I don't like the chronology screen quite as well - it is not interactive.
Having said that, though, I am adapting to its usage.
3. Much easier to get started with Legacy.
4. Simple reports are a breeze in Legacy

In all, I prefer Legacy, and I plan to continue to use it. At present, when
I am working I have them both open, but I only enter new info in Legacy.

Good luck. They are both great programs.

Janis Walker Gilmore
Pawleys Island, SC & Seattle, WA
----- Original Message ----- From: "malkajef" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>