From: Jenny M Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Update Installation
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:22:52 +0100

malkajef wrote
I had the identical problem with another program (last year's Turbo Tax) and it was quite frustrating. The solution turned out that this happened if your browser was set to "ask" if you would allow cookies. If it was set to accept or do not accept cookies, it was fine, but if it was set to ask you first, the update stalled because it was waiting for your answer which did not appear within the program's browser.

Interesting, because I had a very similar problem recently when trying to download something. I got the usual message at the top of my browser about pop-ups being blocked, so I'd click "temporarily allow pop-ups" and then try to download again and get the same message again! In the end I realised I had to "permanently" allow pop-ups, get the download screen and do the download, then I could go back to blocking pop-ups from that site again.
--
Jenny M Benson

Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free newsletters! http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters