This thread is one of the longest hot topics we have had on this list for
some time and highlights the fact that something is not quite right.

Jeff originally said

> I personally (maybe it is me) find entering source details
> confusing and prone to error and inconsistency.

No, its not just you Jeff, I am sure that many of us legacy users have found
this to be the case and source citation in legacy is a big learning curve.
Personally I don’t agree with Jeff's conclusions but everyone has their own
take on this.

About a years ago, I asked Legacy support for a simpler method, click on the
source icon to bring up ONE entry box to include both Master and Detail to
enable a quick citation for a simple source as in a copy and paste
operation. Then if a more complex citation was required there could be
buttons on this simple source screen to take you to the relevant Master or
Detail boxes with all the complexity that there is now incorporated.  There
are many new genealogists and new legacy users who are put off by the
current complexity.

I am hoping that the hinted work in progress on sourcing goes someway to
satisfy at least some of us but I am equally sure that it will not satisfy
everyone.

Norman in Sunny Spain