I would like to thank everyone for all their thoughts and suggestions.  As a diehard paper based records genealogist I am slowly making the transition to Legacy even though it is only the free download at the moment.

Your comments have made me realise that for me it will depend on what I want from the output that will decide how I make use of sources and events.  I think I will move forward by creating a small dummy database for myself and just see how entering sources and events in different ways can effect the output.  It may be that I will carry on the way I am doing by only using Notes and Events but if not then at least I only have a quarter of my genealogy entered and so not the whole family tree to do!!!!

I guess there were a few ruffled feathers along the way of this thread, but I must say I have found everyone to be most helpful.

Thanks again,  Liz

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp