Hi,
It may seem like a silly question - but where are you looking to see all the names? Unless you are looking at the Index View or Name List, you may not see the people you expect on the Family View or in the Pedigree as the new people may not be linked into the original tree.

The other possibility is that you don't actually have the file that you think open but one of the original files?

Probably not much help.
Cathy