-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jenny M
Benson
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 8:11 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Paid Genealogy Search Sites

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote
>I am just now returning to doing my family?s genealogy, and am
>wondering if anybody has subscribed to any of the paid genealogy search
>sites, like Ancestry.com. I have used Legacy for a long time, and now
>that there is an option to link to numerous sites from within the
>program, I am wondering if any of these are more beneficial than
>others. The subscription are rather pricey.

Whether you choose a subscription site or a pay-per-view rather depends
on how much looking-up you are going to want to do.

Personally, I have a subscription to Ancestry and I am on there nearly
every day.  I occasionally purchase units for one or other of the ppv
sites when I want to look up specific information that isn't available
on Ancestry.

It will probably also depend on where (which country) you will be doing
your research.  The vast majority of my family remained in the UK so I
only have much experience of UK sites.
--
Jenny M Benson

To unsubscribe please visit: