Did you become a member? I did a search on one of my Chittendens and while she was found, it was in the members only area.

Laura

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Diane Murach
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 2:53 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Paid Genealogy Search Sites

I love Ancestry!  It would be like learning to live without a microwave after having one for 10 years.  After you determine if you can afford Ancestry (I always ask for it for Christmas!), it comes down to personal use habits. Take the cost, divide by 365 days, divide by average number of hours per day you work on genealogy to see what your hobby costs per hour.  My cost is 26 cents per hour and I find that much cheaper than if I played golf.

I also have a large number of colonial New England Ancestors and if that is the case for other user group members, I also recommend New England Historical and Genealogical Society.  I have found so much information on their database.

Diane