Jenny M Benson wrote
However, to get what you mean to print correctly in reports you need to enter
from 1910-1915     which Legacy will change to From 1910 to 1915
OR
bet 1910-1915     which Legacy will change to Between 1910 and 1915

The latter is much more logical when you think about it. Dates expressed as, for eg 1914-1918 or from 1914 to 1918 generally refer to something that began during 1914 and continued until 1918. The between/and format expresses a one-off even during that timescale.

Cathy has just pointed out to me that the OP did refer to "from ... to" dates and she herself was just showing the options available for different circumstances. My post was therefore inappropriate and I apologise.

I'd got my mind stuck on dates for events such as birth and death. I should have read more carefully and thought it through before posting.
--
Jenny M Benson