Hi Mary,

The only solution I can think of is that he is linked twice somehow - but that should show up in the icons when he's in the main position. You don't have to do a merge to get this situation.

But you're saying when he's in the main position his parent icon is grey? And this happens when you click on him in the Child List to move him to the main position?

Cathy