To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] handling potential relatives

Art,

Legacy does not automatically maintain the counters for records in each tree. When you click "View", then "Tree Finder...", you will see the "Refresh..." button. It is necessary to click that to force the program to re-count individuals in each tree.

As to your original question, I always enter those who might be related into my database so that if I do find the links they are already in place to be connected. At times a "Find Duplicates" search under the Merge has found some of these links just waiting to be made because they were present in the same database.

Please post again if the "Refresh..." button resolves your issue or not.

Ron Taylor

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp