From: "ronald ferguson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Organizing Master Sources (for Gail and Ron)
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 21:12:18 +0000

Kirsten,

I have a problem in answering your question, this is probably because my intention in reports is not to write literature. which may mean that I do not see "awkward results". The other factor is that my main output is towards my website and I go by what it looks like in that.

So, my priorities for sources are, accuracy, clarity and presentation in that order. It also follows that I do not recognise supposed "Standards"which, in my view, tend to obfuscate rather than clarify.

Therefore, in answer, the best I think I can do is to suggest you take a look at a page on my website at URL http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/509.html. I have picked this one because it has one of the highest number of sources and is most likely to be affected by repetitions and duplications. You may also find it helpful to have a bit of a look around to see how, in general, events and sources link together. If you then have points which you wish to make please come back.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
*New Blogs: UK Civil Registration Timeline*
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/