I hear you and agree.

On the other hand one must remember that Legacy is based on Microsoft Access. As someone who has long used Microsoft products, let's remember that the fault may be not with Legacy's programmers but with Microsoft's notorious bugs. It is Microsoft that has perfected and popularized the policy of using paying customers as beta testers.

Jeff
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 7:45 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] We need an update to fix old problems!

La Nell Shores wrote:
I know it is important expand your market, but we long time users are
waiting patiently (well, somewhat patiently) for an update to fix the
problems of the last update!
Unfortunately, this is a problem that seems to afflict most Legacy updates, if not to the extent of the problems with the current version. For each thing that is fixed, something else is now broken. Anyone who depends on being able to actually USE features in Legacy that HAVE worked before can NEVER safely upgrade to a new version. It is always necessary to wait a while to find out if some poor souls have put themselves out of business by installing the latest version. Apparently the paying customers are in fact the real beta testers.

About this time last year we were in the same situation, with a lot of people scrambling to find alternative ways of producing reports (that had worked in previous versions) for upcoming holiday gatherings. I, for one, would gladly settle for each update having fewer actually-new features in exchange for fewer newly-broken features that I depend on!

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp