So, are you going to try and locate the descendants and give those precious items to them?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michele Lewis
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 9:34 AM
To: Legacy Mailing List
Subject: [LegacyUG] A little off topic but...

We are buying a genealogist's dream of a house in Maine!  It was built in 1830 and is in PERFECT condition.  Here is the best part...  The current owner is giving me ALL of the treasures he found in the attic when he pulled up the boards to put in insulation.

He found TINTYPE photos of the orginal owners!  He found the wife's Bible!  He found newspapers from the 1830s and 1840s!  The original owner of the house was the founder of the Piscataquis Observer which started printing 168 years ago :)

He is giving me these things because he knows I will cherish them.  He researched the house and the original family and I am thrilled to know all about it and I am doubly thrilled to have these treasures.

michele

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp