Hi Jean,
You don't need to go through a Gedcom unless you are wanting to leave out Research notes or some other field - you can export direct to a Legacy file.

Every family in Legacy has a preferred child whether they are part of the Direct line set or not, whether you've chosen one to be the preferred or not. The asterisk shows the Preferred child.

This means you can use the click next to the children on the Family line to run down a number of different lines. Setting the Direct line changes the preferred child to the one in the Direct line, if that family is part of the Direct line. The last line set as Direct line overrides others.

You can also set the Direct line to be Bold - See Options > Customise - Data Format Tab
In addition you can set relationships and set the Colour Coding.
So many ways to indicate those most important. :-)

These won't all show unless your cousin has the same options set for these things in Options > Customise.

Someone else replied how to get your cousin as RIN 1. Note RINs are not allocated in any logical manner. They're a computer database indexing number.

Cheers,
Cathy